Subscribe Free! to the NewTechReview Consumer Technology Newsletter|
Paraglyph Press announces the publication of the fifth major book in its bestselling Degunking series, "Degunking Your PC" (U.S. $24.99, 352 pp, ISBN 1-933097-03-5). Bestselling authors Joli Ballew and Jeff Duntemann co-authored last year's bestselling and highly-acclaimed "Degunking Windows," which topped the bestseller lists for months and generated responses from readers such as, "This book really saved my butt!" In their new book, "Degunking Your PC," the authors tackle the significant problems of PC hardware, peripherals, cables, wires, wireless networking, security, new electronic gadgets, and backup and recovery. Anyone bewildered by the jumble of connectivity and configuration problems created by the latest technology will need this book to help them clean up their PCs and their peripherals and connected devices.
All PC users have problems with gunk. That's a given. The plethora of electronic devices in our homes these days has created a real mess. (Just try to figure out that rat's nest of wires under your desk or locate the missing cord for one of your peripherals!) In "Degunking Your PC," bestselling authors Ballew and Duntemann show how to clean up and streamline all the electronic devices -- to both improve performance and minimize the chance for problems. This highly readable book covers desktop PCs and laptops, as well as all critical peripherals and devices -- printers, scanners, digital cameras, keyboards, and monitors. Ballew and Duntemann show how to get rid of stuff that's not needed, connect everything together, remove as much clutter as possible, get well organized, go wireless whenever possible, create a seamless, easy-to-manage, and gunk-free home network, improve security, and squeeze as much performance out of a PC as possible. Even users who have only one PC can benefit by getting rid of all of the accumulated gunk that can really slow down their PCs. Some of the unique ways this easy-to-read and useful book can help include:
- The unique 12-step Degunking process allows users to clean up their PCs and peripherals by following a proven method
- A special section on Degunking With Time Constraints helps users get rid of unwanted gunk, even if they have as little as 10 minutes
- Shows where gunk accumulates on a PC and other devices, and how it can slow everything down (even when you don't realize that you have gunk)
- Features degunking maintenance tasks that users can perform on a regular basis to keep their PCs and peripherals in top form.
- Explains how to get rid of old hardware and how and why users need to degunk a new PC.
- Shows PC users how to organize their offices, computers, laptops, peripherals, and, yes, even a bit of their cluttered lives!
- Presents the best ways to manage backups and archived data and setup security
- Demonstrates how to set up gunk-free networks to link up all the PCs in a home or small office
- Presents the latest techniques for using gunk-free Wi-Fi and improving wireless security
- Shows how to save money and time while upgrading and improving the performance of your hardware devices
Keith Weiskamp, President and Publisher of Paraglyph Press, says, "We're delighted that Joli Ballew and Jeff Duntemann have taken their expertise and written a book to help all PC users benefit from the degunking process. For anyone who's fed up with having to use a slow PC, or frustrated with trying to make all of their devices work together, Degunking Your PC is the book for them. The way Joli and Jeff expertly present their 12-step Degunking plan is especially useful and easy to implement. I think this book will be a 'must have' for all home computer users, as well as anyone who runs a small or large computer network."
Joli Ballew, co-author of "Degunking Your PC," commented, "The thing that's been driving the success of the Degunking books is the unique degunking mindset that we've created. The more you learn about degunking, the more you'll realize that it's more psychology than technology. Rather than simply thinking about it as a series of steps and tasks, we like to emphasize that our approach is a uniquely disciplined one that really gets results, even for people who have limited time."
For more information: Degunking Your PC