|O'Reilly Publishes Learning iOS Programming, Second Edition
Subscribe Free! to the NewTechReview Consumer Technology Newsletter|
"The arrival of the iPhone spawned an entire generation of copycat devices and shook an entire multibillion-dollar industry to its knees. Despite this, it still fits in your pocket," says author Alasdair Allan. "A lot has happened since then, including the release of the iPad and Apple's move towards the cloud. This book gives a rapid introduction to programming for the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. It strips away the complicated frameworks and gives you what you need to start writing applications for the iOS platform today."
And indeed, with this easy-to-follow guide, you'll get a rapid introduction to iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch programming.
You'll learn about Objective-C and the core frameworks hands-on by writing iOS applications that use them, giving you the basic skills for building your own applications independently. Packed with code samples, this book is refreshed and updated for iOS 5 and Xcode 4.
* Discover the advantages of building native iOS apps
* Get started with Objective-C and the Cocoa Touch frameworks
* Dive deep into the table view classes for building user interfaces
* Handle data input, parse XML and JSON documents, and store data on SQLite
* Use iOS sensors, including the accelerometer, magnetometer, camera, and GPS
* Build apps that use the Core Location and MapKit frameworks
* Integrate Apple's iCloud service into your applications
For more information, visit oreilly.com
Additional information: Learning iOS Programming, Second Edition