|Essentials of Computer Architecture, Second Edition from CRC Press
CRC Press has published Essentials of Computer Architecture, Second Edition. This easy to read textbook provides an introduction to computer architecture, while focusing on the essential aspects of hardware that programmers need to know.
The topics are explained from a programmerís point of view, and the text emphasizes consequences for programmers. Divided in five parts, the book covers the basics of digital logic, gates, and data paths, as well as the three primary aspects of architecture: processors, memories, and I/O systems.
The book also covers advanced topics of parallelism, pipelining, power and energy, and performance. A hands-on lab is also included. The second edition contains three new chapters as well as changes and updates throughout.
- Presents a comprehensive and easy to read introduction to computer architecture
- Provides the only book aimed entirely at CS students who will be writing software and using computer hardware rather than ECE students who will be designing hardware
- Ensures concepts are explained clearly without allowing hardware details to overwhelm the reader
- Explains consequences for programmers, including such things as instruction pipeline stalls, memory-mapped I/O, and the effect of memory caches
- Although focused on architecture, the book covers related concepts, such as I/O buffering and the conceptual purpose of a device driver
For more information, visit:
* Amazon: http://amzn.to/2oHWIpk
* Website: crcpress.com