Unravel the truth when the suspenseful drama, based on the acclaimed novel, The Sense of an Ending, arrives on Digital HD May 23 and DVD and On Demand June 6 from Lionsgate. Academy Award® winner Jim Broadbent (Best Supporting Actor, Iris, 2001) shines in “an outstanding performance” (Vanity Fair) as a man who becomes haunted by his past when given a mysterious legacy. The all-star cast also includes Academy Award® nominee Charlotte Rampling (Best Actress, 45 Years, 2015), Golden Globe® (Best Actress, Television – Drama, “Downton Abbey”, 2013) and Emmy® nominee Michelle Dockery, as well as Emily Mortimer and Harriet Walter. Adapted for the screen by the award-winning playwright, Nick Payne, and directed by Ritesh Batra (The Lunchbox), The Sense of an Ending DVD includes two behind-the-scenes featurettes and will be available for the suggested retail price of $19.98.
Tony Webster (Broadbent) leads a reclusive and quiet existence until long-buried secrets from his past force him to face the flawed recollections of his younger self, the truth about his first love (Rampling), and the devastating consequences of decisions made a lifetime ago. Based on the acclaimed novel by Julian Barnes, The Sense of an Ending elegantly weaves mystery and suspense into a gripping and captivating movie experience.
DVD/DIGITAL HD SPECIAL FEATURES
· “Doing Right by a Great Book” Featurette
· “Power of Memory: Making The Sense of an Ending” Featurette
- Jim Broadbent - Iris, Cloud Atlas, Gangs of New York
- Harriet Walter - TV’s “The Crown,” Babel, Atonement
- Michelle Dockery - TV’s “Downton Abbey”, Anna Karenina
- Emily Mortimer - Shutter Island, Hugo
- Charlotte Rampling - 45 Years, The Duchess, Night Train to Lisbon
For more information, visit:
* Amazon: http://amzn.to/2pPn9GX
* Trailer: https://youtu.be/FbSYN9w_ziA
* Website: www.lionsgate.com