DJI, the world's leader in creative camera technology, announced Osmo Pocket, a highly compact three-axis stabilized camera created for everyone. Designed to be incredibly easy to use, Osmo Pocket offers a host of intelligent features to help capture creative videos and photographs in a portable form factor.
"Innovation is at the heart of every product we create and DJI Osmo Pocket is here to change the way photos and videos are captured, not just by professionals but by parents, couples, adventurers, travelers, and everyone in between," said Roger Luo, President at DJI. "Osmo Pocket is a portable personal camera crew and we can't wait to see how people use it to capture their stories and share them with the world."
Small yet powerful
At just over 4 inches tall, Osmo Pocket is DJI's smallest three-axis stabilized camera. It redefines DJI's family of handheld gimbals offering features never before seen in a product this compact. A 1/2.3-inch sensor records 12-megapixel photographs and 4K video up to 60fps at 100Mbps in stunning detail. Osmo Pocket also uses built-in dual microphones and advanced noise-canceling algorithms to ensure you capture high quality audio to match the footage. Furthermore, a battery life of up to two hours shooting video in 4K, 30fps means you can always rely on Osmo Pocket to capture your story no matter where you are at the very best quality.
Smooth, stable video
Building on DJI's experience creating gimbal technology, Osmo Pocket helps capture stable video for all of life's moments. The state-of-the-art three-axis mechanical gimbal compensates for movements and smooths these motions so users can focus on composition and subject matter. Whether the user is taking videos of the vacation or documenting special holiday moments, Osmo Pocket helps ensure video comes out smooth.
Simple and smart
Designed with ease of use in mind, Osmo Pocket doesn't just let anyone shoot smooth, cinematic footage; it empowers creativity. The gimbal camera uses a 1-inch integrated touch screen that provides a high quality live view as well as the ability to toggle through the various shooting modes, adjust settings, review footage and gain access to a full suite of creative features including:
- ActiveTrack- DJI's image recognition algorithms allow Osmo Pocket to recognize and follow subjects of users' choice, perfect for capturing family moments easily with the tap of finger.
- FaceTrack- FaceTrack takes ActiveTrack one step further. With enhanced ActiveTrack algorithms, FaceTrack automatically recognizes a human face and locks the subject in center of the frame at all times. It does not identify individual faces, but keeps the camera centered on one. To initiate FaceTrack, simply select selfie mode and the camera will detect the user's face.
- Timelapse & Motionlapse- If the user is looking to turn minutes into seconds, Timelapse is perfect for capturing unique content with the effect of the world moving faster, while Motionlapse adds the dynamic element of camera movement to Timelapse.
- FPV Mode- FPV Mode lets users capture the greatest adventures by recording video from their perspectives. Instead of locking the gimbal to maintain the horizon, FPV tells the camera to follow every tilt and lean, shooting dynamic footage exactly as 'you' experienced it.
- 3x3 & 180 degree Panorama- For capturing breathtaking wide-angle photos, Osmo Pocket offers two Panorama modes. 3X3 takes an expansive 9 images in total while 180 degree mode captures 4 images. Osmo Pocket software stitches them together automatically so users can focus on the framing of the scene.
Unlock the full power of Osmo Pocket
A universal port under the touchscreen allows users to connect their mobile devices that use iOS Lightning or USB-C. Upon connection, the new dedicated DJI Mimo app will automatically open and serves as a monitor, while in-app menu offers a variety of intelligent features and recording modes:
- Story Mode - Bring creative editing to video with a host of preset music, video transitions and coloring. Choose one of 10 fun templates and Mimo will handle the camera movement for you. After finishing, Mimo automatically generates very own short story, ready to be shared.
- Pro Mode - If users want even more control over the content, "Pro mode" gives them access to camera setting adjustments and exposure settings to let them create exactly how they want, from rich video in bright conditions to a perfect handheld long exposure photo at night. Whatever users want to shoot, Osmo Pocket and DJI Mimo let them explore and expand creativity. Osmo Pocket automatically detects and illuminates low-lit scenes into bright photos. This helps eliminates the need for a tripod, and users can rely on the gimbal to keep the camera still for a shutter speed of up to three seconds. Illuminate the dark, or capture the movement of light in a "light painting." 'You' are only limited by 'your' imagination.
A versatile tool with a range of accessories
An ecosystem of accessories unlocks the potential of Osmo Pocket:
- Accessory Mount- The accessory mount makes Osmo Pocket compatible with action camera accessories so users are able to capture the adventure footage, such as when mounted on a helmet, backpack or wrist.
- Wireless Module- The wireless module supports Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth transmission between Osmo Pocket and smartphone, providing remote access to the camera feed and control of Osmo Pocket; perfect for setting up a Timelapse or Motionlapse on a busy city street.
- Controller Wheel- The wheel allows users to precisely control gimbal movement (left-right or up-down) enabling them to easily adjust the composition of the shot. Re-center the gimbal or switch to selfie mode easily with dedicated buttons on the handle.
- Expansion Kit - The expansion kit includes the Accessory Mount, Wireless Module and Controller Wheel.
- ND Filters Set**- Specifically designed for Osmo Pocket, ND filters attach to the front of the camera to reduce the amount of light entering the sensor. The ND Filter Set offers several levels of filter darkness and allows for more control over the camera's aperture, exposure time, and sensor sensitivity settings.
- Waterproof Case**- Bring a unique underwater perspective to the footage using the Waterproof Case which can be placed at a depth of 60 meters.
- Extension Rod**- The Extension Rod attaches to the Lightning or USB-C port and provides 31 inches of reach to Osmo Pocket, opening a world of new creative angles that are normally difficult or impossible to get. A gimbal control joystick and camera button on the handle were designed for remote control when using the Extension Rod and a tripod was added to the bottom for expanded use cases
- Charging Case**- This dual-purpose case not only protects Osmo Pocket while in transit but charges it as well. Dedicated sections were added into the case for MicroSD card and ND filters so users can quickly grab Osmo Pocket and know the user is ready to capture those moments and adventures.
- 3.5mm Adapter**- The 3.5mm Adapter allows users to connect an external microphone if they prefer to capture audio using a separate device.
Price and Availability
Osmo Pocket retails for $349 USD and is now available for pre-order online and at DJI Flagship Stores, DJI Authorized Retailers and additional retailers. Pre-orders will start shipping on December 15th.
For more information, visit:
* Amazon: https://amzn.to/2Rje0UR
* Website: www.dji.com or store.dji.com