|CAPTIVE STATE arrives on Blu-ray, DVD, Digital June 11 from Participant Media and Universal Pictures
In the aftermath of a global alien invasion, one young man must choose whether to rebel against The Legislature and ignite a war to save humanity in the thrilling, CAPTIVE STATE, arriving on Blu-ray, DVD, Digital, and via the digital movie app MOVIES ANYWHERE, as well as On Demand on June 11, 2019 from Participant Media and Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. From Rise of the Planet of the Apes director Rupert Wyatt, the sci-fi thriller stars Ashton Sanders (Moonlight) alongside an out-of-this-world supporting cast including John Goodman (10 Cloverfield Lane), Jonathon Majors (Hostiles) and Vera Farmiga ("Bates Motel").
A decade since an extraterrestrial force has occupied our planet, deceiving humanity with the promise of peace and unity, Chicago Police Officer William Mulligan (Goodman) is tasked with maintaining law and order in a city on the brink of rebellion. Gabriel (Sanders); the young brother of a fallen militant and the son of Mulligan's ex-partner, is faced with the crucial choice: Collaborate… or fight back. Also starring Vera Farmiga, CAPTIVE STATE is unlike any future world ever imagined.
Filled with unexpected twists and shocking revelations, CAPTIVE STATE on Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital feature exclusive insight from cast and filmmakers, as well as a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film, taking fans deeper into the world of this "impressively suspenseful" (Joe Leydon, Variety) sci-fi adventure.
BLU-RAY, DVD & DIGITAL BONUS FEATURES:
- Igniting a War – Producer/Co-Writer/Director Rupert Wyatt explains how this ensemble cast helped achieve a high degree of realism against the backdrop of an alien invasion story.
- Building the World of Captive State – Filmmakers and cast discuss their experiences shooting on location in Chicago, and how it played a pivotal role in setting the tone for this gritty science fiction film.
- Feature Commentary with Director/Producer/Co-Writer Rupert Wyatt
CAPTIVE STATE will be available on Blu-rayTM, DVD and Digital, and Movies Anywhere.
For more information, visit:
* Amazon: https://amzn.to/2P73nUV
* Trailer: uni.pictures/CaptiveStateTrailer
* Website: uni.pictures/CaptiveState