IFA – As consumers generate more content than ever, Western Digital Corp. (NASDAQ: WDC) is creating and delivering innovative solutions to help them capture, share and manage it all. At IFA 2019, Western Digital is showcasing its latest offerings from its WD_Black® line of gaming products, WD® and SanDisk® brands.
Whether a hardcore gamer looking to up their game, a family historian preserving precious memories, or a photographer capturing the right shot, the new products are designed to provide world-class reliability and performance to keep up with consumers’ evolving data storage needs. IFA attendees can visit Western Digital at Hall #17, Stand #201 to experience the company’s new, powerful solutions firsthand:
- The WD_Black line of gaming products is purpose-built for gamers who face the dreaded challenge of choosing which of their favorite games to sacrifice when they reach the storage limit of their gaming station. Among the five new gaming solutions showcased is the notable WD_Black P50 Game Drive SSD, which is the industry’s first game drive to feature a SuperSpeed USB (20Gb/s) interface. The WD_Black P50 Game Drive SSD is expected to be available later this year. Additionally, the portfolio includes two Xbox-licensed drives, the WD_Black P10 Game Drive for Xbox One™ (available now) and WD_Black D10 Game Drive for Xbox One™ (expected to be available later this month). These two drives come with an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate trial membership**. The WD_Black portfolio provides the performance, capacity and reliability that allow PC and console gamers to drive their game and play without limits.
- The award-winning My Passport™ line of portable drives has been refreshed to better suit the needs of today’s consumer. Now with up to 5TB*, in its slimmest form factor yet, WD offers consumers more capacity to carry along and preserve valued photos, videos and documents wherever their journey takes them. The new My Passport and My Passport for Mac drives feature a cool new color palette and sleek design, and come with a three-year limited warranty.
- Featuring next-generation NVMe™ technology, the company is unveiling its fastest memory card yet, the SanDisk Extreme PRO® CFexpress™ Card Type B. The new card is designed for photographers and videographers that need the most advanced technology to keep up with increasing demand for high-quality content. With blazing speeds, over three times the speed of our current performance card formats1, the CFexpress card enables consistent recording of RAW 6K video3 and enhanced workflow efficiency. The card is scheduled to be available later this year. Additionally, the company is launching the 1TB* SanDisk Extreme PRO SD™ UHS-I memory card - the world’s fastest 1TB* UHS-I SD card2. Expected to ship at the end of this month, this super high-capacity SD card is perfect for shooting 4K UHD video3 and sequential burst mode photography.
- Another breakthrough product from SanDisk, the world’s first two-in-one wireless charger with automatic local backup, the iXpand™ Wireless Charger, is on display at IFA. The new device offers consumers local photo backup for Qi™-enabled iPhone and Android™ devices while charging. It’s an easy way to keep memories safe with no change in charging habits. For consumers looking to quickly add extra storage to their iPhone, and free up space for more photos and videos, SanDisk is also rolling out the new iXpand Flash Drive Go. Both products are available now in select regions.
“People around the world trust our solutions with their valued content, from the latest video game, to collections of family photos or their professional portfolios; Western Digital branded products are all designed with the consumer experience as our top priority. While preserving their content, we are also committed to driving the best performance and experience possible. Our extensive industry-leading portfolio is a great example of that commitment,” said David Ellis, vice president of product marketing for content solutions, Western Digital.
Western Digital offers the industry’s broadest portfolio of products and solutions to help people capture, preserve, access and manage their personal content.
For more information, visit:
* WD_Black: Western Digital WD Black
* WD: Western Digital
* SanDisk: SanDisk